Frequently Asked Questions
You must register in person, and present two pieces of identification indicating your Elizabeth address in order to obtain an Elizabeth Public Library borrower's card (the ID may be a New Jersey driver's license, a New Jersey Motor Vehicle registration, a utility bill, a property tax bill and so on)
Children from birth to age 12 are eligible for library card if registered by parent or guardians who are residents of Elizabeth. Children are eligible to receive an adult library card at the age of 13, but the parent or guardian remains responsible for the use of the library.
Persons who do not reside in Elizabeth, but are employed in the city are eligible for a library card. They must have a letter on their employers' letterhead stating that he or she is an employee of that company, as well as two pieces of identification as outlined above.
Persons who do not reside in Elizabeth, but attend school in the city are eligible for a library card. The student must present a student identification card, a badge, a current tuition bill, or a current report card. In addition, the student must establish his or her home address in the same manner as someone applying as a resident.
Persons who own real property in Elizabeth, but do not reside in the city are eligible for a library card upon presenting a current tax bill, and another piece of identification as outlined above. The local taxpayers immediate family members are eligible for library cards as well.
You can renew your books at the circulation desk at any library location or you can call 908-354-6060, x7212
Fines are charged at a rate of 10 cents for each day an item is overdue including Sundays, Holidays, and any other day that the library is closed. Book drops are available at the Main Library and at the branchesfor your convenience whenever the library is closed. Videocassettes and DVDs should not be placed in the book drops.
Books may be borrowed for 28 days ( unless otherwise indicated). The limit on the number of items to borrow is 25.
2. Borrowers will be charged the full retail replacement cost in case of loss or damage, plus a processing fee of $5.00
3. Borrowers may borrow a total up to 5 dvds at any one time.
4. The loan period is 7 days. (If the date due should fall on a Sunday, Holiday, or any other day the library is closed, the DVD will be due on the following day that the library is open.) [Effective November 1st, 2013]
5. No reserves are taken for DVD titles.
6. A nonrefundable rental fee of $1.00 per video is charged for all feature films borrowed from the Elizabeth Public Library collection. ( Educational, documentary, instructional, fitness, sports, literacy and certain other DVDs may be borrowed free of charge.) [Effective November 1st, 2013]
7. Overdue fines of $2.00 per day per will be charged for all DVDs returned late.
8. DVDs may not be left in the book drop.
9. DVDs are not renewable.
10. DVDs may not be borrowed on Interlibrary Loan.
11. DVDs are licensed only for non-commercial private exhibition in homes. Any other use, or copying is strictly prohibited by law.
Your Elizabeth Borrower's card may be used at the Elmora Branch, La Corte Branch and E'port branch. It may also be used at the Hillside Public Library and most libraries located in Union and Middlesex counties except for the East Brunswick, Summit, Westfield, and Woodbridge Public Libraries).
Yes, as long as you...
* are 16 years or older.
* have a library card with barcode number.
* have a PIN number which you can apply for at the first floor Circulation Desk.
* You can access your account by clicking here and then click on the My Account button.
* Enter your library barcode number and your PIN number.
* Information you'll see under your account includes: Items checked out to your accounts; Titles on request by your account; Fees/Fines due for your account.
* You can renew your checked out books yourself at this point as long as the books are not overdue.
Do the steps in "How to access my account through the Internet". Click "Easy Search" on the top left corner of the page, and enter the search word in the empty box. After you find the title you want, click "Request Title"(in red). You will see options for the library location at which you would like to pick up your book. Select one and then click "Submit Request" button. You will then see a message "your request has been successfully processed"(in blue). If you are experiencing any problems on this, call 908-354-6060x7203.
The fees are:
The fines are:
How can I get a copy of the circulation policies?
If you would like to get a copy of the policies as approved by the board of trustees just click here
|11 South Broad Street, Elizabeth New Jersey 07202 | 908-354-6060 |
Share your ideas and comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us | Copyright © 2013